The City of Sacramento is seeking to hire the Associate Curator of Art position at the Crocker Art Museum. Candidates will organize exhibitions, perform professional work related to the permanent collection, and interact with donors and the public. For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Career-Opportun... and click on the Associate Curator of Art position.
***Please note: Do NOT use the "Apply" button on this page. You must apply through the City of Sacramento using the above website. Thank you. ***Apply
The Crocker Art Museum is first and foremost an educational institution. The Crocker’s educational mission is to attract, involve, and engage diverse audiences toward a deeper understanding of human experience through art. The ArtMix and Programming Intern will work directly with the Public Engagement Coordinator within the Education Department at the Crocker Art Museum. This position will work with various Crocker staff members and community groups to help the Public Engagement Coordinator execute our monthly ArtMix events and our Noon Year’s Eve Family Festival within the guides of our educational mission. This internship is unpaid.
- In the process of receiving a BFA/BA, MFA/MA degree or recent graduate
- Talented, enthusiastic and ready to learn!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in MS Word and Excel
- Proactive with the ability to work independently
- Ability to synthesize information quickly, organize massive amounts of data, and pay attention to details
- Comfortable working in a busy, fast-paced environment with performers and large crowds
- Art Studio experience a plus
- Education/teaching experience a plus
The ArtMix/Programming Intern will have the opportunity to work closely with the Public Engagement and Volunteer Coordinator to help create our monthly themed ArtMix events as well as our Noon Year’s Eve Family Festival.
- Assist the program planning and implementation of each event.
- Work each event to ensure that they run smoothly and our goals are met
- 4 months minimum and through December 31
- August 2016 through December 2016
- 6 to 12 hours per week. One day must include the 2nd Thursday of each month, from 2 PM to 10 PM
- Special event days that intern must be available include:
- Little Buckaroos Day on Monday, September 5, from 9 AM to 4 PM
- Noon Year’s Eve on Saturday December 31, from 9 AM to 4 PM
- Gain an understanding of general museum operations and professions
- Will learn the various aspects related to museum education and audience development and engagement
- Gain professional and interpersonal skills through interaction with museum visitors and staff
- An opportunity to gain practice managing elements of a program or project, seeing it come to fruition, and adding this experience to their portfolio
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to Stephanie Longoria, Public Engagement and Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply